If you want to know how to clean your sheepskin slippers? Can you wash sheepskin? How to clean shearling slippers? How to clean slippers? In our post you will find the answers!
Lucky you – you’ve just purchased a pair of luxurious yet practical Onaie sheepskin slippers. We know that you’re going to want to wear them every day. Sheepskin is a brilliant material that naturally resists dirt and repels water, but it needs some simple care to maintain its beautiful appearance.
If you want your slippers to look their best for years to come, it’s time to start taking care of them now. Follow our simple and effective tips so that your sheepskin slippers will stand the test of time.
- Air out your slippers – Sheepskin tends to absorb odours, so we recommend that you air your slippers out regularly. A few hours in the shade in your garden will do them a world of good (just remember to bring them back inside to avoid a playful fox or rain shower!).
- Brush the wool with a dog brush – Brush the woolly fur on your sheepskin slippers simple dog brush or tangle teaser to maintain its structure. You should use a suede brush to tend to the suede and leather surfaces. Don’t run any brushes over the embroidery, as it could pull on the threads and ruin the design.
- Use suede spray – We recommend using a high-quality suede spray on all non-woolly areas of your slippers, as it will repel dirt and water and keep them looking great.
- Never wash your slippers in the washing machine – Our Onaie sheepskin slippers shouldn’t ever go in the washing machine. Instead, hand wash them in cold water with a sponge. Wash the soles with a shoe brush in cold water. Dry them outside, but just make sure to avoid direct sunlight.
- Use a cardboard wedge to keep their shape - Don’t forget to put a cardboard wedge in your slippers after you wear them all day. This will help them keep their shape so that you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite slippers for much longer.
Sheepskin slippers are warm and cosy in the winter and surprisingly cool in the summer – you’ll want to wear them all year round. If you follow the care tips above, you’ll be able to wear them year after year! You’ll be amazed at how well they hold up, even after years of wear and tear. Enjoy!